I am an arts and design educator and practitioner living in the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia.
I operate from my light and plant filled studio, where I help people to get their best work into the world!
I am passionate about sharing knowledge and ideas, especially when it comes to art and design.
What I do
I am an educator for TAFE NSW, Adobe Australia and Academy Xi. I also work for myself as a designer (graphic and web).
I train in groups and specialise in one-to-one education.
I encourage hand-drawn art and design processes, whilst using best practices to create innovative designs using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator (as well as other apps and programs depending on the project or brief).
Adobe Education Leader Credentials
I was recently awarded ‘Education Trainer’ status by Adobe Systems.
To achieve this award I am required to perform 100 hours of instruction to teachers and students on the use of Adobe software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Illustrator.
I am also an Adobe Education Leader and Adobe Creative Educator.
AEL’s are part of a global community of educators who are fostering creativity with Adobe solutions. They bring fresh ideas and new ways of teaching the creative process and creative expression to their students and colleagues.
Places I have worked
2015 to now
• Graphic Design Mentor, Academy Xi
• IT, Arts and Media Trainer and Assessor – TAFE Illawarra NSW
• Assistant trainer and Assessor – Adobe International [Online]
2004 to 2014
• IT, Arts and Media Trainer – TAFE Illawarra, Bomaderry NSW
• Media Lecturer, University of Wollongong, Shoalhaven Campus, West Nowra NSW
• Arts and Multimedia Trainer – South Coast Correction Centre, South Nowra NSW
• IT Trainer and Course Co-ordinator – South East Community College, Bomaderry NSW
1994 to 2004
• Designer – MyTell Project Melbourne VIC
• Process, Design and Change Manager – ANZ Bank Melbourne VIC
• Specialist Project Team Member – BOTF [Branch of the Future] Project NSW and VIC
As an academic
I believe education is lifelong. Every year I keep my skills up to date to assist me in keeping abreast with trends and ahead of the pack!
After studying visual and media arts at Deakin University Melbourne I successfully exhibited at:
- Deakin University Art Space
- Hawthorn Contemporary Art Gallery
- Shoalhaven City Arts Centre
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
My designs and photographic work have also been chosen for inclusion in various publications created at CASA House and ANZ Bank. I have been awarded for outstanding achievement and excellence while I studied at Deakin University. As a result I was granted lifetime membership to the Golden Key International Honour Society.
2015 to now
• Graphic Design Diploma [TAFE, Wollongong NSW]
2004 to 2014
• Bachelor of Arts – Honours, Media Arts [Deakin University, Melbourne]
• Diploma in Communications and Media [TAFE, Nowra NSW]
• Diploma in Project Management [TAFE, Nowra NSW]
• Certificate IV of Information Technology – Multimedia [TAFE, Nowra NSW]
• Certificate IV in Marketing [Illawarra ITEC, Nowra]
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAA40104 [Kiama Community College, Kiama]
2001 to 2004
• Bachelor of Contemporary Arts – Visual and Media Arts [Deakin University, Melbourne]
• Certificate IV in Business (Marketing) [Illawarra ITEC, Nowra]
• Certificate IV in Business (Small Business Management) [Illawarra ITEC, Nowra]
Licences and memberships
• Class C Drivers Licence and Class R Riders Licence
• Lifetime Member of the Golden Key Int’l Society (High Achievement – Deakin University)
Member of the following networks:
• Adobe Education Exchange – http://edex.adobe.com/member/7d06cd/
• Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/luisegrice
• Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/luisegrice
• Luise on Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClXKlaZdpdBDs7Arv1i4ImQ
Things I like to do
• Visual, Media and Graphic Arts (view my portfolio)
• Motorbike riding and touring
• Clarinet, Guitar and Keyboard playing
• Walking my red cattle dog